The Street Children's Resource Center
The Street Children Resource Centre
is an initiative by the Azad Foundation (Karachi, Pakistan) in collaboration with UNICEF and Social Welfare Department (Sindh). It is a repository of information and publications on street children in particular and child protection/rights in general.
Awareness on protection against all harm for street children has rapidly grown on the national and local agenda, and there is a greater need for finding and sharing quality information around this issue for mainstreaming this issue in public policy and research. It is also necessary to build capacity of and to share best practices with duty bearers. Azad Foundation looks forward to strengthen child protection system in Pakistan in its work for and with children.
The Resource Center was established in 2011 and since then all of Azad Foundation's events, publications, news archives, multimedia, research and other resources are moved and being updated on its web portal. Click here to visit
Resources & Services
The Street Children Resource Center offers the following resources online free for all through its web portal.
- Publications, Reports & Researches on Street Children and Child Protection Issues through iLibrary
- Events Calendar, Details and Pictures
- Multimedia Resources on Street Children and Child Rights/Protection (Audio & Video)
- News Archive (All Child Rights Related Press Coverage)
The Street Children Resource Center offers the following services
- Trainings and Capacity Building Courses in Child Protection and Cross Cutting Issues
- Organizational Training Need Assessment and Development
- Research, Advocacy & Lobbying